Sonora Family Care
A Nurse-Managed Primary Health Care Clinic
77 Calle Portal, Suite C240, Sierra Vista
(520) 335-6271- Fax (520) 335-6316
Kirsten Wister, FNP-BC, ACNP-BC
- Post-Masters Certificate, Family Nurse Practitioner-University of Massachusetts-Boston (2010)
- Master of Science in Nursing, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner-Vanderbilt University (2006)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing-University of Phoenix (2002)
- Bachelor of Science in Family Studies and Human Development-Magna Cum Laude-University of Arizona (2001)
- Associate in Applied Science in Nursing-Fayetteville Technical Community College (1993)
Board Certifications from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
I've been a nurse for 22 years. When I first graduated, the Nurse Practitioner role was really starting to take off and I remember dreaming of having my own little office in a small town somewhere, taking care of babies, and pregnant moms, and whole families. I wanted to be able to make house calls, inspired by Dr. Marcus Welby on TV when I was a child. twenty years later, here we are and the dream has come true.
I am inspired by many: my patients, my husband, and my parents (who I am lucky enough to have living right next door); my son Chris, a soldier, and his nurse practitioner wife, Jen, and my fellow nurses, who cheer and volunteer their time and expertise. I am humbled by the faith and support they bring to this endeavor.
Our practice is a kind, compassionate, and caring environment for you and your loved ones. We are truly invested in your health and happiness, and we promise to do everything in our power to be there when you need us. We welcome volunteers and will give back to the community as we grow. We hope you will be here with us.